Job title: Assistant Biosafety Officer – VIE contract (W/M)
Job description: iMove, the Sanofi VIE program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) between 18 and 28 years of age.
PLEASE NOTE that as this program is primarily an international development program, candidates may not apply for a VIE assignment in their own citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications submitted in French only may not be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications submitted in English will be considered. Make sure you apply with your personal email address.
At Sanofi, diversity and inclusion are the basis of our operation and are embedded in our core values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We realize that we can truly leverage the wealth of diversity we need to lead with inclusion and have a workplace where these differences can flourish and be used to empower the lives of our employees, patients and clients.
We are looking for: Assistant Biosafety Officer – VIE Contract (W / M)
Goal start date: 01/12/2021
- Assist the BSO (Biosafety Officer) with updating and reviewing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to include precautions, instructions and critical controls
- Coordinates annual updates of biological stock and support with biological risk assessments
- Preparation of monthly biosafety KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reports and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) reporting requirements
- Assist the BSO with the conduct of biosafety inspections in the laboratory / manufacturing area
- Assist in resolving issues regarding biosafety and bio-content in laboratories / manufacturing areas where biological materials are used
- Assist the BSO with investigations into accidents / incidents / exposures
- Assist the BSO in developing HSE procedures related to biological materials and the disposal of biohazardous waste
- Attend the Biosafety Committee to assist with administrative duties (eg minutes, agenda)
- Assist with air samples and chemical exposure assessments
- Help with noise monitoring, noise mapping and hearing saving program
- Assist with hazardous chemical assessment, mitigation and management
- Help if necessary with other topics on industrial hygiene (topics can range from asbestos management, ergonomics, personal protective equipment, labeling, allergens for animals, exposure to occupational hygiene, occupational health program)
Important “MUST HAVE” skills, abilities and experiences
Master’s degree in biological sciences, microbiology, molecular biology, public health or a related degree
Knowledge of scientific procedures, laboratory practices and equipment
Basic knowledge and training in principles and practices on biosafety is a plus
Knowledge of the principles of industrial hygiene is a plus
Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Prepared to process chemicals, biohazardous materials and animals used in laboratory and manufacturing establishments
At Sanofi, diversity and inclusion are the basis for our operation and embedded in our core values. We realize that we can truly leverage the wealth of diversity we need to lead with inclusion and have a workplace where these differences can flourish and be used to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and clients. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunities for all.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 06:13:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!