Job title: TRIO Lead Teacher Advisor
Company: North-West Region
Job description: Details:
Posted: Jul 8, 2021
Level: Part-time educational assistant
Hours: Up to 17 hours per week
Pos: NVCC 21-16
PC #: TBD
Closing date: Applications will be accepted until the post is filled, with material submitted before 17:00 (EST) on Friday, 23 July 2021, with priority consideration received.
Naugatuck Valley Community College
750 Chase Pkwy, Waterbury, CT 06708
Expected start date:
The up-bound chief education adviser is responsible for supervising up-bound education advisers. The Chief Education Adviser assists administrative and teaching staff in the implementation and delivery of student services to the group of students in the grant program to facilitate academic, cultural and social enrichment activities. This position is intended to provide mentorship services to the Waterbury Public Schools participants during the school day as well as in after-school programs in mathematics, English and science. The incumbents must have a proven ability to work effectively with a culturally, linguistically and ethnically diverse faculty, staff and students. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong skills in information technology, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriately related field with two (2) to four (4) years of experience; or a combination of training, education and experience that would lead to the skills necessary for the successful performance of the essential duties of the post.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to state in writing exactly how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing the necessary references. Exceptions to the degree requirements can be made for compelling reasons.
- Bilingual in Spanish and or Albanian
- One (1) to three (3) years experience with middle and high school students in a diverse environment: experience with school counseling, community work or social institutions.
Example of work duties:
Under the guidance of the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the upward-bound site coordinator, the upward-bound Chief Education Adviser is responsible for the following duties:
- General management of the day-to-day activities of awarding activities, including overseeing the development and maintenance of a student records system and data retrieval
- Planning and implementation of relevant workshops and excursions
- Collaboration and communication with Waterbury Public School staff and administrators
- Collaboration and communication with site coordinator and teacher advisors
- Collaboration with content teachers and guidance department
- Coordinate / conduct individual and small group mentoring sessions throughout the day
- Manage and schedule teacher advisors, tutors and student assistants
- Supervise data entry, review and analysis of items, such as daily and weekly logs of mentorship sessions with students’ names and goals
- Hold weekly meetings with teacher advisors
- Attend weekly meetings with website coordinators
- Perform professional development for teacher advisors
- Help upward bonded parent / community engagement.
This placement contains qualifications, experience and skills, but is not limited to the full duties and responsibilities set out in the collective bargaining agreement.
$ 32.14 per hour.
To apply, you must submit a cover letter and CV.
Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered, and links to other sources to view CVs are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is subject to proof of citizenship or employability in terms of the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful completion of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include referral tests, a criminal history record, and, if applicable, a financial (credit) report or management audit.
Continued notification of non-discrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, descent, current or past history of mental retardation, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal information. . The following persons have been appointed to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Nicholas D’Agostino Director of Equal Employment Opportunities Ndagostino@commnet.edu
CSCU IS A CONFIRMING ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M / V
JOBS AT ASNUNTUCK CONNECTICUT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
We value our employees and regularly try to add new talent to our team. We offer many opportunities for our employees to contribute and stand out as part of our ongoing success story! We are looking for individuals who show a real passion for what they do and reflect the culture and vision of the CSCU system!
Are you interested in working at one of our community colleges?
Review our latest posts below for the Northwest Region! This region includes Asnuntuck Community College, Naugatuck Valley Community College, Northwestern Community College, and Tunxis Community College.
If you are applying for a part-time job, you must specify in your cover letter in which campus or campuses you would be interested in.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $32.14 per hour
Location: Waterbury, CT
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 07:52:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!