Job title: Teaching Assistant – Humanities
Company: St Bartholomew’s School
Job description: We are looking for a teaching assistant to join us permanently as soon as possible in September 2021. You work within our Faculty of Humanities.
We are looking for:
Someone to work with teachers In delivering high quality differentiated lessons and to support students in their learning and development and to encourage them to participate in all aspects of school life. We are looking for applicants with good educational qualifications and organizational skills, who have empathy with students and can motivate and encourage them. There are some administrative elements in the position of the Humanities Education Assistant.
HOURS: only 29 hours and 40 minutes per week (Mondays to Thursdays from 8.40 to 15.10 and Fridays from 8.40 to 14.50) only term, plus 5 training days pro rata.
SALARY: £ 18198.00 – £ 18562.00 gross pa (£ 9.43 – £ 9.62 per hour), pro rata for part-time, term. Starting salary is equal to £ 12453.85 gross pa.
We offer you:
- A lively school with excellent facilities.
- Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
- An environment where students have an excellent learning attitude where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behavior and safety were considered outstanding by Ofsted.
- Students who grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community through the wide and diverse academic and extracurricular opportunities they are offered.
- Opportunities for staff to get together professionally and socially. Staff are kept informed of regular communication as well as meetings (do not worry; we only have it when needed), sports activities and social gatherings.
- Children of staff receive admission preference according to the school admission policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academic school (1900 on roll with a sixth form of 570) in West Berkshire, and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4 as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Our booklet for applicant information is below along with a job description. You can also scroll down to find out more about our school. We welcome your application. We know your time is precious, so click the Quick Apply button below.
Closing date: 26 September 2021
If you are selected for an interview, you will be given a tour of the school so that you can see everything we have to offer first hand, and we think you will be impressed. If you have any questions, please contact us on 01635 521255 or send an email to email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS-enhanced check, along with other relevant employment tests.
Expected salary: £18198 – 18562 per year
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 06:01:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!