Job title: Administrative Assistant – Medical Imaging
Company: Yukon Hospitals
Job description: The incumbent reports to the manager, medical imaging at Whitehorse General Hospital, and provides administrative services and coordinates clinical procedures that include: the initial contact for patients and visitors, the maintenance of computerized appointments; create, update and maintain electronic medical records and interact with a variety of medical specialists. Supports the ongoing quality assurance program; and other related duties.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Knowledge of and skill in medical office procedures
- Knowledge of computerized scheduling, HIS and RIS; excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology (anatomy, physiology and pathology)
- Knowledge of medical imaging examinations and preparations
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- The ability to recognize and respond to a change in the patient’s condition
- The ability to multitask in a busy office environment (multidisciplinary department)
- The ability to handle situations professionally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, peers, patients and families
- The ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload variances and solve work-related problems
- The ability to keep abreast of changes and to assist in implementing accepted changes
- The ability to train and orient other health professionals
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the post
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Reliability, self-motivation and the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Cross-cultural awareness
The successful candidate will have a medical terminology certificate, 1 to 2 years experience in the medical office, certification in CPR (or the ability to be certified). A medical office assistant certificate, experience in a medical imaging department and knowledge of Picture Archiving Communication System / digital environment are considered assets for this position.
If you have quoted competition # 2021-576-577, send an email with your CV by 28:00 on 20 September 2021 after 16:00
Indigenous Labor Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. If you are applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily identify yourself in the email body of your application. Please do this in every way you feel, accurately reflecting who you are. You will then be linked to Yukon Hospitals Indigenous Labor Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship, and ask questions. All self-identification information remains confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI Support before submitting your application, or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, but only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada to apply, that is, they have an immigration status (permanent resident), a work visa, or are a Canadian citizen.
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 06:31:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!