Job title: Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Company: HEI Hotels & Resorts
Job description: Overview
Performs daily operations of the Human Resources department, which includes: Greeting internal and external guests to the Human Resources department, administering benefits to companies, conducting entries, answering questions and solving problems.
- Assist employees where possible with requests and / or information. Try to answer associated questions in a timely manner and / or address associated concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist with recruitment, selection and interviewing for all management positions and non-management positions. Assist the Director of Human Resources or the Human Resources Manager to guide and train the management staff in effective recruitment and maintenance techniques using methods such as oral presentations and written instructions to ensure the appointment and retention of qualified and effective staff. . Schedule interviews and process related paperwork.
- Create and update human resources and other job posting update platforms as needed.
- Distribute salaries as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date sections and associated files.
- Explain elements of different benefits to associates as needed and help with enrollment and claims processing.
- Assist with opportunities for associated relationships and recognition, as needed, e.g. Associate of the Month program, Associate Anniversary Awards program, etc.
- Process benefits entries and other features electronically, as needed.
- Monitor and update work requirements as needed. Communicate hotel events internally and externally, via billboard placements, telephone, letters, referral contacts, telephone line, etc.
- Coordinates all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; referral controls, etc., to ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Process all transfer requests within the required time frame.
- Answer all questions that have been answered, by telephone or by letter within the required time frame.
- Assist the director of human resources or the human resources manager in achieving goals and objectives as identified in the hotel’s annual affirmative action plan (AAP).
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure their accurate and equitable application, and analyze and apply information obtained from moderately complex reports, manuals and / or computer systems.
- Prepare correspondence and memoranda if necessary.
- Maintain flow log / data of the applicant.
- Make sure that all new staff members and existing employees have the necessary credentials for employment.
- Adhere to attendance rules and be regularly available to work.
- Perform any other task-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, staff and labor relations, business plan preparation, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality legislation and long-term planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure the achievement of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. The ability to adapt the communication style to different audiences, such as effective communication with supervisors, colleagues, the public, etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial well-being, value creation in your most important investment – you!
For your physical and mental well-being, we offer competitive medical and dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision Insurance programs through EyeMed. Our holiday, sick and holiday programs can rejuvenate you on leave. For your financial well-being, HEI offers a wide range of cover, including supplementary, spouse and child life insurance as well as short- and long-term disability plans. Our 401 (k) savings plan with matching funds and discounts through our ‘YouDecide’ programs and hotel room discounts offer extra incentives to choose HERE as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 07:32:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!