Job title: Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Company: Wesley Homes
Job description: The administrative assistant provides the first introduction to the location for all residents, employees and visitors. The incumbent should be sensitive with a pleasant telephone voice, excellent skills and the ability to handle a busy area while being calm, focused and patient. They must be professional, friendly, friendly, learn quickly and be able to handle different communication situations and administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Warmly and professionally greet and send residents, visitors, callers and staff. Meet staff members and their functions to send calls and mail correctly. Establish and maintain professional sales relationships.
- Performs all functions in the U.S. and inter-office post offices accurately and quickly for staff and residents, including measurement, sorting, UPS and Fed Ex services. Provide activity service reports to the Department of Environmental Services if necessary.
- Provide general maintenance of the building, including ordering and inventory, management and maintenance of office equipment if necessary.
- Create, track, and update badges, lists, and schedules related to a number of resident and campus-related activities, including room cleaning, admission, dismissal, scheduling of guest conferences, meal planning, bus travel, and weekly care meetings. Report if necessary to ensure compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Oversees the activities of the general meeting room, scheduling, publishing and disseminating related information, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned (managing and following petty cash, helping to ensure the safety of residents and staff by identifying potential safety hazards, assisting with specific projects as assigned, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
No educational background required for this position.
License, registration, certification
No license, registration and certification are required for this position.
Special training / skills * Skilled use of a multi-line telephone and the ability to use a two-way radio
- Basic to intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
- The ability to use common office equipment, ie copier, fax machine, laminator, etc.
- The ability to type accurately and a speed of 50-60 words per minute.
- Reliability present and punctual.
- The ability to handle frequent interruptions, work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and coordinate to completion.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding residents and affairs at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with clients.
- The ability to function as a positive part of a team. Willingness to train and be trained to support other frontrunners, if necessary.
Work experience * Prefer at least three months to one year of administrative experience.
- On-the-job training will be offered.
Physical requirements * A standard work environment involves the reception.
- Position requires repetitive motion, such as working on the computer terminals.
- Be able to sit, stand, bend and occasionally lift and carry up to ten pounds.
INFECTIOUS RISK CATEGORY
SOME (COVID-19) RISK: Possible occupational exposure to residents or customers with COVID-19. It may require personal protective equipment (PPE) to be worn during certain aspects or seasons of the job.
Wesley Homes is a non-profit organization that provides a network of services that care for older adults. It is connected to the Pacific Northwest Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Retirement communities and health services for (and by) people who love life.
Wesley Homes has a non-discrimination policy and is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Job date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:13:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!