Job title: Psychiatric Care Coordinator
Company: Esperanza Health Centers
Job description: Description:
Position Purpose: The Psychiatry Coordinator is responsible for providing care management to a group of patients and assisting with prevention efforts to help them maintain and maintain their optimal mental and physical health. Using a team-based approach, the care coordinator will serve as a resource for patients and healthcare professionals, especially psychiatrists, to ensure that patients receive all the necessary care and services. Care coordinators must be proactive, well-organized, friendly and well-functioning in a fast-paced clinic environment.
Primary duties and responsibilities: * Work as part of a team of two or three people to coordinate the initial and follow-up care for patients working with psychiatric services.
- Assist the psychiatrist by recording the patient’s vital signs (weight and blood pressure) before their initial and follow-up psychiatric appointments.
- Facilitate communication between patients, psychiatrists, behavioral health providers, primary care physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and outside resources related to patient care.
- Maintain timely and consistent communication with patients regarding their healthcare and resource needs, with an emphasis on access to and compliance with medicines.
- Use assessment results and input from providers to refer patients to community resources and / or rights (eg health insurance services, public assistance, transport, childcare, work, nutrition / exercise classes, etc.) and to ensure that services are received.
- Assist patients to make contact with primary care, specialty and additional services (eg laboratory / diagnostic) by providing information and making appointments if necessary.
- Encourage patients to become actively involved in their own health through calm, compassionate communication and by using motivational maintenance techniques.
- Participate in community outreach with neighborhood organizations, social service providers, churches, and other business partners.
- Means meaningful to regular administrative and clinical supervision and team meetings.
- Work as part of a team to address other needs related to the mission and vision of Esperanza.
- Day to day: Embrace (communicate) with the care team, review patient cards, identify gaps in care, identify areas of need, make appointments, participate in the preparation of the care plan, and ensure fidelity to the care plan.
Esperanza Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEE) under Title 44, Ill. Administrative Code and Subpart C, Section 750.150. . Requirements: * Bachelor’s degree, required
- Three or more years of health care experience, including working as a medical assistant, case manager, or health educator, is preferred.
- Previous work experience in a mental health environment, strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills and previous experience with electronic health records, preferably
- The ability to work multiple times, prioritize appropriately and adapt to unforeseen circumstances
- Bilingual English / Spanish, required
Esperanza Health Centers offers benefits to all its full-time employees:
BCBS Medical PPO Plans | Ameritas Dental | Eye With Vision | 401K Company Match
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:55:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!