Job title: Finance Associate
Job description: ABOUT MIVED
HIVED builds the mass delivery network of the future through vertical integration, operational process innovation and software. MIVED has developed a system that is significantly better than the status quo in every conceivable way: more efficient (and therefore more affordable), better for people (no gig economy, full of employees) and the environment (100% free exemption) to the end, never set off) as well as the best delivery experience.
We are supported by the UK Government’s Innovation Agency, as well as some of Europe’s leading investors and VCs in the field of climate technology, logistics and mobility, such as the founder / CEO and the entire senior leadership team of and co-founder of among others.
In the coming months and years, MIVED will aggressively scale across the UK to become the standard provider for many retail and e-brand brands, from SMEs to household names. MIVED, which currently covers the M25 area, will expand to further UK cities in early 2022 with the aim of covering the vast majority of the UK population by 2023, along with an expansion to key European markets. At the same time, HIVED will continually improve its technology and delivery experience with a number of features never seen before and improvements on the roadmap.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a financial associate to analyze our finances, compile reports and support finance related tasks such as payroll and invoicing.
We are looking for a financial analyst to provide accurate and well-founded information on the profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity of the business. You will examine and analyze financial information to help the business make well-informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements. The responsibilities of the Financial Assistant include processing payments, maintaining cost reports and managing invoices. If you have an accounting background and are interested in procedures such as tax management and budget preparation, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, it will help you maintain the financial health of our business and ensure that we use our resources to good effect.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts, etc.) taking into account the enterprise’s objectives and financial position
- Carefully present the management reports to senior leadership as a good basis for informed decisions
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Develop financial models, perform benchmarks and process analysis
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Acquire and update job knowledge to keep abreast of innovations in the field
- Consult management to guide and influence long-term and strategic decision-making within the widest range
- Update financial spreadsheets
- Prepare balance sheets
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- Process tax payments
- Supports monthly payroll and keeps organized records
- Sign accounts and debtors
- Process invoices and follow up with customers, suppliers and partners if necessary
- Provide administrative support
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Work experience as a financial associate, financial assistant, financial officer or similar role
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (create spreadsheets and use financial features)
- Familiar with accounting software (Xero)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to detect numerical errors
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Fantastic and dynamic work environment
- Join a diverse and driven team
- Ability to learn by joining a young, fast-growing business
- The actual chance of progress with the organization is based only on success in the role
- We care about our staff and are happy to support special talent where possible
- Beautiful office on the top floor of a converted warehouse in the heart of Shoreditch
- Work from home optional, depending on the circumstances
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:34:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!