Job title: Finance Assistant
Job description: Wasserman is a sports, entertainment, marketing and management company with expertise in media law, marketing consulting and experience marketing, athlete management and commercial partnerships.
Important roles and responsibilities:
Responsible for providing financial and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, accurate cash reconciliation and reporting, accounts and receivables and transactions and a high level of service to the Wasserman business and clients. Assist with general financial tasks as needed. Will support the financial closing and reporting process.
- Manage debtors function for a number of marketing departments and ensure that best practice is adhered to:
– Manage and process projects and contracts in the system
– Create and distribute invoices and credit notes
– Monitor future invoicing schedules (monthly invoicing for AON customers) to ensure that invoices are charged on time
– Manage I / C process – invoice
- Accounts Receivable Management – Collection:
– Controls the collection cycle within the system
– Reconcile payments received with issued invoices, bank and ledger.
– Statements and memoranda sent at important escalation points – 15/30/60/90 days
– Active collection – call / email follow-up
– Escalation of privileged debtors
- Weekly reporting of debtors
– Distribute important debtor reports to the business with updates and actions
– Liaise with key external parties to stay up to date on weekly debtor updates
- Accept invoices from suppliers and apply the amounts to costing. Compile payment cycles and take advantage of terms. Management of weekly meetings and suppliers’ payments / working day settlements
- Assist with the closing processes of monthly accounts and debtors, as well as the accurate placement of information about the end of the month. Reconcile accounts ledgers to ensure that all payments are received and that issues are fairly accounted for and posted.
- Prioritize, investigate, and resolve customer and employee questions and requests immediately.
- Assist with end-of-month end-of-month processes and schedules, preparation and posting of journal entries, and providing appropriate level of review, analysis, and reconciliation.
- Assist with financial and other audits at the end of the year, with the preparation and maintenance of support schedules and disclosures.
- Weekly cash reporting process that ensures that all UK and international accounts are reported in an accurate and timely manner and that reconciliation items are tracked and resolved.
- Willing to support other subsidiary and group companies with their accounting processes and reporting as needed.
- Identify possible process improvements and contribute to a high standard, continuous improvement culture.
- Update work knowledge by participating in various educational events.
- Maintain strong financial controls and escalate issues properly and on time.
- Provides analytical, administrative and project support to the accounting department and management.
- Proactive management of the centralized finance collection (commercial).
The above form the main responsibilities for this role, but it is not complete and it should be noted that duties can change over time, so the need for flexibility is the most important and the employee is expected to work together with reasonable cooperation as need.
- Careful, accurate with attention to detail.
- Team player and can communicate effectively to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Good organizational skills with an emphasis on the ability to prioritize workload to meet key deadlines.
- Exceptional skills in customer service.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience with accounting software such as NetSuite.
- Proficient in importing and managing data with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Well-developed communication and writing skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong reading comprehension skills with the ability to decode on written instructions and respond appropriately.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to respond appropriately to oral instructions, and look at comprehension where necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications specifically with Excel.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Desire to develop and progress in an accounting career
- Problem solver
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:22:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!