Job title: Trainee Teacher
Company: Flat Fee Recruiter
Job description: Our client, a Sixth Form College with excellent exam results, is looking for trainee teachers or teaching assistants to join their staff.
Teacher or teaching assistant
£ 16,084 – £ 17,142 (pro rata)
Part time (term only)
Fixed term, 2-year contract
Our client is looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants or student teachers to work in a variety of areas within the college. Initially, you will provide support in the study center and the media department.
About the role:
Under the guidance of the division head, you are responsible for providing teaching assistance (individually and as part of a team) and for supporting students to reach their full potential in their learning environment.
Qualifications or skills of the ideal teacher:
Our client is looking for teaching assistants to work in a variety of areas within the college. Candidates must have good qualifications in the field for which they are applying, which can be a degree or professional qualification up to at least level 4.
Suitable candidates without previous teaching experience will be considered. The successful candidate must undergo appropriate training related to the position, including an NVQ3 in teaching assistants (unless already awarded).
- It will be beneficial if you are a qualified First Aid (or are willing to undertake training in this area).
- IT skills and some experience in keeping relevant records and using administrative systems will be beneficial.
As a teaching assistant you will include primary duties:
- To work inside or outside the classroom to assist specific groups of students so that they can take maximum advantage of the main study program.
- To work in the study center or the ‘monitored study’ provision.
- To provide one-on-one support in the outbreak areas with students.
- To work with specific students as needed, including students with additional needs.
- Actively assist teachers in planning and delivering educational work programs.
- To act as supervising supervisors in the absence of teaching staff.
- To have staff present during breaks and lunch.
- To perform administrative duties related to their area of responsibility.
Please note: the successful candidates must obtain an enhanced DBS certificate and our client reserves the right to conduct an early interview if a suitable candidate applies.
How to apply for the Teaching Assistant role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this teaching position in Bexhill on Sea, click on “apply” today and check your inbox for a ne-mail with more information on how to customize your application or other supporting documents supply.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience include: Classroom Assistant, Teaching Support, Classroom Support, Junior Teacher, NQT, Teacher Training, Teachers in Media, Educational Opportunities in Bexhill on Sea, Teaching Roles in East Sussex, Education, Care Assistant, Extended Care Assistant, Teachers in Early Age, Teachers kindergarten teacher, educational administrative assistant.
Expected salary: £16084 – 17142 per year
Location: Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 06:57:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!