Job title: Legal Administrative Assistant, Business Law
Company: Miller Thomson
Job description: Description:
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business attorneys, with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montreal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unwavering commitment to our clients and a strong commitment to our attorneys, staff and the communities in which we operate, gives us a unique position in Canada legal industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic legal administrative assistant to join the Business Law group in our Vancouver office. As a key member of the dynamic team of capital markets and securities, this is a great opportunity to work with some of Canada’s leading financial advocates on high profile and leading transactions in a variety of sectors.
In this role, your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Monitor, review and organize daily incoming e-mails, including weekly submission of e-mails in the firm’s document management system;
- Control calendar, including scheduling, setting agendas, coordinating / preparing meetings and materials, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.
- Complete the ongoing disclosure applications and ensure that the filing is done on time;
- Assist in drafting contracts and agreements;
- Compilation of listing statements, AIFs and prospectuses;
- Perform full cycle accounting procedures and fixed processes (ie file openings, credit limits, invoices, collections, etc.); including summarizing and compiling narratives on a daily basis;
- Ensure follow-up of activities, files and outstanding items with instant reports;
- Filter incoming calls / mail and follow up on various information requests;
- May be required to manage situations or solve problems;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a legal assistant or administrative assistant in a professional service environment;
- Experience as a business law / corporate legal assistant is considered an asset;
- Certificate or Diploma of a Community College or equivalent;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Has the ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, prioritize work and take direction;
- A team-oriented approach and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent technical, written and oral communication skills;
- Has a mature, professional attitude, adheres to strict deadlines with high accuracy and attention to detail
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest, we are unable to respond individually to inquiries due to the large number of applications we receive, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodation on request during the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require a stay, you must inform our Talent section of the nature of the accommodation you need to ensure your equal participation.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 07:04:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!