Job title: Administrative Assistant – Senior Leaders Std
Job description: Administrative Assistant – Senior Leaders Std
Are you efficient and detailed? Provide effective support to our teams so that we in turn can provide the best healthcare to our patients.
What you will do
- Maintain a consistently updated and accurate appointment schedule for the senior leader and others, as needed. Coordinate meetings to ensure well-defined and timely agendas, identification and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials and preparation of packages / summary documents to assist in decision making and facilitation of meetings. Coordinates logistical administrative meetings and arranges catering, travel and accommodation. Attend as a recorder for confidential meetings, such as senior management meetings, and follow up action items and in-services as needed.
- Respond to oral and written communication and liaise internally and externally by examining requests and inquiries, making a decision on the importance / urgency of the request, giving an answer and / or sending it to the designated leader or other senior staff for answer. Liaise on behalf of the designated leader with external organizations to respond to and / or share information and to ensure that relevant staff follow up on issues that arise. Effectively terminate visitors, phone calls, correspondence and incoming materials by giving immediate attention and prioritizing, as appropriate, distributing, recording and transmitting messages and sending visitors.
- Provide work direction and guidance to staff to support it, and look at the work of others to ensure that the administrative needs of the area are met. Participate in the development and maintenance of administrative and clinical policies and to ensure that all staff are aware of the policies and procedures.
- Assist with budget development to ensure that information is up-to-date and accurate, monitor expenses, ensure that invoices are authorized to have predetermined amounts and to analyze and report variances for various departments / programs. Complete purchase requirements / online purchases and send them for processing, making sure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Prepare various documents, including presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, meeting minutes and reports in an accurate and timely manner. Some materials may be confidential or contain information of a sensitive nature. Develop, organize, and maintain professional graphic presentations, including presentations given to groups outside the organization. Use a variety of software applications to ensure that professional standards are maintained, that relevant and current data is used, and that the end product is appropriately and professionally formatted. Compile information in structured reports.
- Start follow-up processes with staff and others. Solve daily problems as needed, evaluate operating procedures and advise management if necessary. Provide project support, research information, track statistical data and compile data that includes new projects and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures. Actively participate in team meetings and provide input on new policies, processes, quality improvement activities and the development of strategies.
- Designs and maintains file and distribution systems for a variety of records and files, including confidential information, such as personnel files, payroll files, financial information and other sensitive documents regarding the management of the programs / departments using methods that are easily accessible to staff.
- Complete and submit eForms for designated leaders; processing of timing for assigned staff; and liaise with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources if necessary.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to the graduation of a recognized post-secondary administrative assistant / secretarial program, additional coursework in advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, and four (4) years of progressive experience supporting senior management.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, including the ability to work with discretion to compile and handle information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- The ability to be discreet when handling human resource requests, time sheets, and follow-up interviews.
- Organize and prioritize work, work under time pressure to meet deadlines and deal with interruptions and changing priorities.
- Analyze and interpret guidelines.
- Work independently and make decisions to take the necessary steps to handle queries.
- Proof of knowledge and ability to use related equipment and computerized software packages such as word processing, spreadsheet, database applications, scheduling, email and advanced level internet applications.
- Record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Type 60 words per minute.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee provides the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you provide immediate care, research, or enable others to do their work, you are influencing the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we also focus on your care – in the area of health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with provincial programs, services and operations – offering great opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous holiday entitlement and accrual.
- Benefits include on-site fitness classes and discounts on up to 350 recreational programs across BC, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Work type Regular, full-time
Location 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver
Working days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Working hours 0830-1630
Reference Number # 113779
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with intent. Read more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to fair employment and merit-based hiring, and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations rests on a rich range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and that we value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 07:04:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!