Job title: Restaurant Manager – NETSU
Company: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Limited
Job description: Job description
Job title Restaurant Manager NETSU
- It is part of your role to understand and disseminate / communicate all policies and standard policies and standard operations and corporate policies and standard operations to colleagues.
- MOHG Code of Conduct requires that all business activities and business decisions comply with the general law, and with all rules, regulations and other requirements.
- It is part of your strategy to fully understand and support the Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai Human Resources Strategic Policy in all aspects.
- It is part of your role and your responsibility to fully support all learning and development activities.
- At work coaches and training.
- Group training technique coaches and training.
- Work and maintain a complete training matrix for your department.
- Update the job description and job specification matrix and maintain it for your department.
- Ensure that the careers and development needs of the colleagues are prioritized and documented in accordance with the MO Profile online system.
- Hold monthly meetings with all colleagues to ensure they have a forum to express any concerns or challenges and share departmental and hotel information.
- You must take all reasonable steps to protect stored information, and not disclose or otherwise disclose personal information about guests, customers or colleagues or confidential information regarding the hotel, except with the appropriate authority.
- The use of the hotel’s network, computers or internet access which the hotel considers to be unreasonable or inappropriate, for example gambling, chat room or pornographic material, is a serious violation of the hotel’s policy and grounds for summary dismissal.
- Support and adhere to all policies and procedures regarding safe, healthy and sustainable at Mandarin Oriental.
- Ensure that the MOHG policy on social media is adhered to, ie to be fully responsible for the content you publish on any social media platform, including your personal website.
- Mandarin Oriental, Dubai has no tolerance towards all forms of harassment or discrimination, it is strictly forbidden to discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, including physical or medical condition, race, color, religion, national origin, descent, citizenship, age , sexual orientation, marital status, or for any other reason.
- Act as a hotel ambassador at all times.
- To perform any additional duties requested by management in relation to hotel operating activities.
- Follow the principle of the 5Ps ‘Correct planning prevents poor performance’ at all times and for all activities.
- Oversees, if necessary, all operational and administrative aspects of Netsu and can prioritize the required level of engagement in both areas, depending on business volumes and other related parameters.
- Maintain and monitor that all operational standards, according to our policies, SOPs and quality measures are always in place.
- Always supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the restaurants and conduct monthly or more regular discussions with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up on the prepared reports accordingly to create an impeccable environment.
- Work closely with the general manager of the restaurant to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the restaurants in order to maximize revenue-generating opportunities in line with the market requirements.
- Make sure bookings are well managed inside the outlet and that seating is effectively maximized.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement in service and quality of food and beverage by reviewing various audit reports on service quality, comments on guests and reports on guest incidents, and submit action plans accordingly, also in collaboration with the respective Chef de cuisine.
- Consider all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make the most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
- Ensure the accuracy of all menus: current, correctly spelled, clean and presentable, and make sure menu descriptions are up to date and properly distributed.
- Keep thorough records of all approvals of annual leave and holidays and ensure that there are no collections in the store.
- Plan and conduct special promotional activities for the outlets and plan for festive times related to the store.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled.
- Be able to delegate tasks effectively to assistant managers.
- Maintain a clear overview of all IG outlets related to the sales and regularly check the accuracy of all items.
- Work closely with the general manager of the restaurant in monitoring the monthly V&L and regularly perform a detailed analysis of financial information on outlets.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices regarding the Jardine accounting related requirements for F&B stores.
- Note the competition, current market and international trends, market prices and other new ideas and respond accordingly.
- Provide guidance, guidance and support to all restaurant colleagues at all times.
- Learn, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with applicable standards, policies and general business requirements.
- Ensure that the standards of care and appearance of Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Prepare a weekly schedule to effectively schedule all colleagues to maintain Mandarin Oriental service standards while working within budgeted labor cost guidelines and staff members, depending on the size of the business.
- Take advice and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai procedures.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective interdepartmental communication within and outside the F&B department to foster a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Continue to follow and follow the requirements of VIP guests who eat in the restaurants.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance with the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Drive constantly and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and entertain guests in the restaurants.
- Handle any form of complaint that is oral or written effectively.
Skills and qualifications
- High school qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or higher national diploma in hospitality / hotel / business management.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a restaurant manager in an independent restaurant, preferably in a Japanese restaurant.
- Strong knowledge in Japanese food and operations.
- The ability to understand the needs and expectations of the guests and to provide excellent customer service through own initiative and to motivate his / her team accordingly.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 06:01:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!