Job title: Office Services Assistant
Job description: Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business lawyers. Our more than 1,000 permanent members are based in offices in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York, advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as US and international parties with a strong interest in Canada.
Do you want to work in an engaging and innovative work environment? Want to grow your career at a first-class law firm working with a dynamic and fast-paced team? Look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for an Office Services Assistant.
If he reports to the senior manager, office services and facilities, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of the office services.
- Prepare office assignments for student rotations based on predetermined student assignments; obtain approvals from the supervisor and / or senior manager and student programs. Prepare on MAC spreadsheet and reach out to distribution list
- Collaborate with supervisors, office services to organize and prepare paperwork (MAC spreadsheet) for internal staff relocations, new arrivals and departure. Distribute the final details of the MAC spreadsheet to the distribution list
- Book visitor offices and issue paperwork to MAC distribution list
- Prepare moving guide and labels for moving people, as well as nameplates and mailbox labels for the Toronto office
- Work with the Office Services team to ensure that movements run smoothly and that items that have been marked are marked and that movements have been created and placed
- Ensure that office / workstation is tidy, that new office boards are installed and that shortages after the move are reported to the supervisor, office services
- Updates Directory and updates floor plans in Visio to MAC to reflect changes in the office / workstation
- Participate in inspections in space as well as inspections before / after the move. Prepare inspection reports and follow-ups to ensure that items noticed are corrected
- Invoices: review and check the supplier’s invoices for accuracy, match the documentation, payment codes and send it to the senior manager for approval
- Responsible for maintaining backups related to completed work and ultimately invoiced
- Comply and send refunds to Accounting – Purchases (repair page after twice a month for Toronto e-purchases), Osler Store and distribution (Pitney Bowes mail and courier payments)
- Complete unknown mail searches and registered mail retrieval
- Maintain the inventory and inventory levels of the Purchase and Osler store. Obtain quotes if necessary for approval. Place order as soon as it is approved
- Maintain the e-purchase website to update the status of orders, place orders with Office Services providers for standard purchase requests, and communicate any details of their order with individuals
- Assist with the planning of departmental functions, e.g. Boardroom discussions, section celebrations, etc.
- Board meeting industry meeting – prepare a weekly status sheet for the senior manager and the supervisors, office services
- Arrangements for scanning all printed courier books, manifestations, inspection logs, etc. With printing. Save files in MCDM once scanned
- Compile statistics related to Office Services and send them to the office services, senior manager
- Assist with office services (ie processing couriers, windshield duties, monitoring inbox and answering phones, rotation duties, posting 310 reports, taking security photos, etc.)
- Coordinate the installation of firm artworks and maintain database / inventory pages of artworks within the firm
- Provide coverage / backup to the supervisors, office services and technicians as needed
- Provide administrative assistance to the senior manager and supervisor, office services (including office services, including the placement of OslerNet notices, NERP and H&S and special projects)
- Willingness to work overtime (sometimes required on short notice) and deals with inquiries about the emergency after-hours office services
- Work closely with the Office Services Supervisor / Office Services Senior Manager and provide advice on non-standard requests, outstanding items and make recommendations if necessary
- Liaise with suppliers / firm members about status requests, general inquiries and troubleshooting. Accompany suppliers if necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and experience
This position requires two years of experience in a facilities department and either enrollment in an accredited facilities management course or significant administrative experience, preferably with a professional service organization.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to give multi-task and priority
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid writing / proofreading skills with the ability to create reports and presentation materials
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills; the ability to communicate effectively with all permanent members at all levels
- Excellent customer service orientation in a friendly, professional way
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with MS Office (including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of Visio and Sharepoint are considered an asset
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 07:50:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!